1. Score the pork belly using a very sharp knife. (Pork belly skin is very tough so you’ll need a sharp knife like a Stanley knife. Your butcher will be happy to score it for you).
2. Lay the pork, skin-side up, on a rack in a roasting tin. Rub with oil and scatter with salt.
(This process helps the fat run out and the skin to crisp).
3. Transfer to a heated oven.
4. Cook at 200C/ for30 minutes to crisp the crackling.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C, then roast for a further 2 hours or until the pork tender and crisp crackling
(this can be easily tested by piercing the flesh with a knife), remove pork from the oven, then leave to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving into slices.
6. Plate pork belly and pour over ORANGE STAR ANISE SAUCE and crumble pistachios over sauce and serve.