Here is the recipe for you to make this Easter long weekend. (The best hot cross buns you will eat).
6 x hot cross buns
6 x whole eggs
2 cups milk
1 x Jar of Vanilla Bean Salted Caramel Sauce
Heat oven to 160c
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper (big enough for the six buns)
2.Break apart all buns & cut in half.
3. Place the bun in the lined tray.
4. Add a big teaspoon dollop of salted caramel sauce in between each bun (like a sandwich).
5. Whisk eggs, milk, cream, sugar in a bowl & pour over buns (let it soak for 20mins).
6. Cover with foil & cook for 40mins - 50mins or till cooked though so egg mix isn’t runny.
7. Take out of oven & pour the remainder of Caramel on top of the buns. (We heated the caramel in microwave for a few seconds, for easy pouring consistency)
8. Serve with a scope of your favourite ice cream
ENJOY & HAPPY EASTER!!!